Status of Engineers
Legally anyone can call themselves an ‘engineer’ – they do not need certification, training or any experience. However, the professional title of Chartered Engineer (CEng) may only be used by those individuals who have been granted this title through registration with the Engineering Council.
Why Choose A Chartered Engineer?
- attained a proven level of academic competence in engineering.
- successfully applied their engineering skills to real problems in industry.
- access to a vast technical reference library.
- committed to constant professional development.
- bound to a code of conduct and subject to disciplinary action if these codes are breached.
- kept fully up to date with the latest developments in engineering.